About Logan-Zenner Seeds, Inc.
Zenner Brothers Seed Company was founded by Walt and Arnold Zenner on January 1, 1929 in Portland, Oregon. The business initially served retail produce growers and truck gardeners. It was expanded into retail sales once a store was opened in the Hollywood/Rose City district of Portland. Joe Yoder purchased the business in 1979 and continued to operate the business in Portland until 2001.
Following graduation from Cascade College, Joe Yoder spent two years in the US Army, after which he went to work for Northrup King. He spent 23 years with Northrup King selling pasture mixes, range grass, lawn mixes, field corn and alfalfa. Joe gained his knowledge of vegetables while selling HK brand packet seed. The business was incorporated in Feburary 1988 in anticipation of expanding ownership.
Wilber Logan entered the seed business in 1938 when he purchased Reservation Feed Mill founded in 1916 and located in Wapato, Washington. Wilber was instrumental in helping a number of the minority growers located in the area during and following the tough times of WWII. In 1956 Wilber opened a second retail store in Toppenish, Washington and in 1960, due to local demand, he started a vegetable seed sale business. In 1960 Wilber changed the name to Logan Company and operated the business until 2001 when the merger with Zenner Brothers Seed occurred.
Zenner Brother Seed, Inc. and Logan Seed merged on August 7, 2001 and the name was changed to Logan-Zenner Seeds, Inc. in 2002. In 2003 Logan-Zenner Seeds relocated from Wapato, Washington to Pasco, Washington where we continue to serve you to this day.